Forum du cercle Pégase Amilcar :  Forum des automobiles Salmson et du Cercle Pégase Amilcar The fastest message board... ever.
Amilcar lithograph
Envoyé par: Peter Linsky ()
Date: samedi 21 août 2004 20:02:13

Greetings! I am trying to ientify the subject of a Geo Ham lithograph that I recently purchased.

The illustration is of an Amilcar lapping at the Brooklands circuit in the 1930's.

The car is a blue open-wheeled two-seater, with an outside xhaust on the left side. The passenger seat (left seat) is covered by a body-colored tonneau. The car has both a "Brooklands" racing screen and a folded single windscreen.

The lithograph was published by Barataud Cortreau and Cie. Paris in the 1930's.

Can anyone help identify the car by model, its driver or owner, and the particular race meeting involved?

Options: RépondreCiter
Re: Amilcar lithograph
Envoyé par: salmson ()
Date: jeudi 26 août 2004 18:34:15

Don't you have a photo of this lithograph?

Isn't it available here ?
[www.hartlana.co.uk]

Admin.

Envoyé par: MG ()
Date: vendredi 27 août 2004 11:11:51

Hello,

It might be that one, sold at Bonhams :

isn't it ?

Mathieu

Envoyé par: detlef kayser ()
Date: lundi 6 septembre 2004 16:43:21

Hallo!
As far as I know the litho by Geo Ham was inspired by Amilcar works driver Morel running in an MCO at Monthléry.
This litho was reedited in a limited and numbered series in the eigthies. I bought my no. 63 at Retromobile in Paris in those days....
On the last Retromobile there were one or two items for sale with dealers - although perhaps ten times as expensive as in the eighties!
Bien Amilcarement
Detlef

Votre nom: 
Votre adresse électronique: 
Sujet: 
Joindre un fichier au message
  • Types de fichier autorisés : gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • La taille d'un fichier ne peut pas excéder 2 MB
  • 5 fichiers supplémentaires peuvent être joints à ce message
Mesure anti-SPAM :
Résoudre la question mathématique et saisir la réponse dans le champ ci-dessous. Cette mesure sert à bloquer les robots informatiques qui tentent de polluer ce site.
Question : que font 13 plus 12?
This forum powered by Phorum.