Forum du cercle Pégase Amilcar :  Forum des automobiles Salmson et du Cercle Pégase Amilcar The fastest message board... ever.
solex 26 mgh carburettor
Envoyé par: David Griffith ()
Date: jeudi 1 décembre 2005 06:46:32

I have not spoken French for 20 years,so I must proceed in English. I am working on a customers 1924 GS. He has aquired the above carburettor. it is missing the metering jet next to the fuel bowl. I put a Weber jet in it's place. I was able to get the car to start but not run. It then leaks fuel from the main jet. When it runs for such a short time it pulls a lot of fuel through the engine and then out of the exhaust.

Is there a diagram available to see if I am missing more parts and to make sure I have assembled the carburettor correctly? Where can I find parts?

Thank you for any help. We really want the car to have the correct carburettor and to run well.

David

Options: RépondreCiter
Re: solex 26 mgh carburettor
Envoyé par: Hill Donald ()
Date: jeudi 1 décembre 2005 18:49:05

Barry Clarke had a lot of 26 MHG (G = gauche for bowl position) you can also use 26MHD (droite) from me at Beaulieu this year. There is a handbook with drawings available and parts are easy to find. Try the Amilcar register. If you are in France go to Ferrand at Cagny near Caen.
It is not always easy to get these carbs to run well and many people change to SU which were also available in the 20's but the VSCC views this as "MODIFIED" and very naughty.

Re: solex 26 mgh carburettor
Envoyé par: Christophe Penard ()
Date: lundi 5 décembre 2005 10:52:52

Hello

If you have a Salmson GS, you should use a Solex MH(D) or Zenith 26 HAK.
The Solex MH is fitted on 5HP Citroën , the Zenith fitted on Delage DE for example.
I mean your Salmson GS need the following Solex jetting:
- venturi 19 to 21
- main jet 95 to 110.

the Solex jetting formula follows:
GS engine: 1100cc / 3200 rpm
venturi K = 0.7 *SQR(3.2 x (1100 /4)) = 20.7
jet Gp = 5 * K = 104
idle jet Gr = 45 / 50

If you have a tuned engine, it may be something different.

If you need Solex jet or venturi, I should have them.

Regards
Christophe

Votre nom: 
Votre adresse électronique: 
Sujet: 
Joindre un fichier au message
  • Types de fichier autorisés : gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • La taille d'un fichier ne peut pas excéder 2 MB
  • 5 fichiers supplémentaires peuvent être joints à ce message
Mesure anti-SPAM :
Résoudre la question mathématique et saisir la réponse dans le champ ci-dessous. Cette mesure sert à bloquer les robots informatiques qui tentent de polluer ce site.
Question : que font 14 plus 12?
This forum powered by Phorum.