Forum des automobiles Salmson :  Forum des automobiles Salmson et du Cercle Pégase Amilcar The fastest message board... ever.
Forum de discussion concernant les automobiles Salmson.
Le site de l'Amicale: http://www.amicale-salmson.org 
Jumping Salmson
Envoyé par: salmson ()
Date: mercredi 17 janvier 2007 22:17:05

Hello all,

As you can see in the attachment, someone sent me a strange picture.
I write in english because this person speak english and he wants us to give him as much informations about this car as possible. What size engine, top speed, number of gears etc..

Could you please answer him (in english of course)

Thanks,
Admin.
[attachment 666 Salmson.jpg]

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 17/01/07 22:22 par salmson.

Options: RépondreCiter
Re: Jumping Salmson
Envoyé par: Hill Donald ()
Date: jeudi 18 janvier 2007 00:38:58

This photo first appeared in the magazine The Autocar for 7th August 1925 on page 240.
The caption explains that it is a plank-jumping test at the Camberley Rodeo Gymkhana.

More recently it has been described as a picture of John (le Diacre) Deacon testing a Salmson after one of his rebuilds.

Envoyé par: GS-iste ()
Date: vendredi 19 janvier 2007 00:33:38

Don,

You have not answered the rest of the question about what model etc

Mike

Date: vendredi 19 janvier 2007 17:01:14

Left the hard ones for you, Mike !

Envoyé par: MG ()
Date: jeudi 25 janvier 2007 09:33:42

Hello,

I think this model is a 1924-1925 VAL3 sport with a four pushrods engine.

MG

Envoyé par: GS-iste ()
Date: samedi 27 janvier 2007 01:02:08

Here is an advertisment from an English magazine for the car.
It is as MG says a 4pushrod sports model which was produced in this style from 1923 to 1926. It has an engine of 1087cc bore 62mm, stroke 90mm and had a maximum speed of about 95kmh. It had a three speed gearbox and a cone clutch.

Mike

Envoyé par: brooklands48 ()
Date: mardi 30 janvier 2007 14:13:38

I agree with MG, it is likely to be a VAL3 with the four pushrod engine of 1087cc, but I have no clue about the year...

The additional point I wanted to make is that it is not a Grand Sport, which has a very different body.

This one has the "Sport" body, as opposed to the "Tourism" and to the "Grand Sport" bodies.

In fact, it has exactly the same body than my early (1922) AL Sport model, which was shown on the Amicale stall at the Salon de Reims 2006.

Such body has the slightly staggered seats, a very nice small "duck's back", and
one small door on the left hand side, a provision for the spare wheel on the right hand side (empty on the picture).

Note that this one has no windscreen at all (not even holes to be seen) and the side lamps are on the wings (mine are on the scuttle).

With regard to the top speed mentionned by Mike, I hope my car, once finished, will be able to achieve thisconfu... But maybe it will need some "Deacon's Special" treatment...fou

Date: mardi 30 janvier 2007 16:56:37

Le poids c'est l'ennemi, et pour le contenu du moteur et pour le pilote !

Date: mercredi 31 janvier 2007 14:11:23

A propos de John Deacon, ingénieur, tous ses conseils pour le maintien et l'amélioration des moteurs monoculbuteurs ainsi que des 2ACT seront exposés dans le Registre Salmson (300+ pages) qui est actuellement chez l'imprimeur.

Votre nom: 
Votre adresse électronique: 
Sujet: 
Joindre un fichier au message
  • Types de fichier autorisés : gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • La taille d'un fichier ne peut pas excéder 2 MB
  • 5 fichiers supplémentaires peuvent être joints à ce message
Mesure anti-SPAM :
Résoudre la question mathématique et saisir la réponse dans le champ ci-dessous. Cette mesure sert à bloquer les robots informatiques qui tentent de polluer ce site.
Question : que font 3 plus 21?
This forum powered by Phorum.